Pig Candy Recipe
1 Pork Belly (About 10 lbs)
Yellow Mustard, Enough to coat the pork belly cubes
2 cups of BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup of Honey
1 Stick of Butter
4 T Salt
8 T Brown Sugar
4 T Black Pepper
2 T Garlic Salt
2 T Paprika (Hot Preferred)
1 t Dry mustard powder
2-3 t Cayenne Pepper, more if you like it hot like me
Recommended Chips: Hickory and Cherry
1. Preheat Smoker to 250 F
2. Remove pork belly from packaging and pat dry (If needed) with a paper towel
3. Cut pork belly into 1-1.5 inch cubes and place into disposable aluminum pans and coat pieces with mustard and toss to coat evenly
4. Mix all dry spices into a bowl, then sprinkle spices onto the cubed pork belly, mix thoroughly, then add BBQ sauce and honey, mix thoroughly.
5. Place cubes into two aluminum pans and place in smoker
6. Smoke until the internal temperature of the cubes is 150F
7. Cubes stick of butter and distribute into both pans & Cover pans tightly with aluminum foil.
8. Place pans back into smoke at 275 F and smoke for another 30 minutes.
9. Remove from smoker and remove the aluminum foil, stir the cubes to recoat evenly, and smoke for an additional 15-30 minutes without the foil to set the sauce
10. Enjoy your pig candy!