Jalapeno mac and cheese
- 16 oz macaroni or 16 oz or gluten free macaroni
- 16 oz bacon
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or use a dairy free cheese alternative
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese or use a dairy free cheese alternative
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese or use a dairy free cheese alternative
- 4 Tbsp butter or use Ghee
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour or use a gluten free flour
- 1 cup milk or use almond or oat organic milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or use cashew cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Recommended wood chips: Apple
- Preheat smoker to 347°F (propane) or 275°F (electric).
- Boil macaroni in a large pot. Drain water and set aside.
- Dice and brown the bacon. Set aside.
- In the same large pot, on medium heat, melt butter then stir in flour. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep whisking/stirring to keep the roux from clumping. Whisk in milk, when combined with the roux – whisk in heavy whipping cream.
- Keep whisking and add cheeses one at a time, adding the next as the previous one starts to melt. Continue to whisk until the sauce is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add in bacon, jalapeños, and macaroni. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Put the mac and cheese in an aluminum tray. Smoke for 45 minutes at 347°F (propane) and 1 hr at 275°F (electric).
- Serve and enjoy!